Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ice Cream for Breakfast!

Avalyn has a shirt that says: Ice Cream for Breakfast, and today she used the potty. How are these two things related? Simple! I rewarded her for using the potty with breakfast ice cream.

Now, before you tell me I'm a horrible, irresponsible parent I'll let you in on a secret... it wasn't real ice cream. That's right, I totally tricked my kid and I didn't have to clean up poop. Win! So, what did I give her? You ask. I gave her frozen banana's.

What? How did she miss that it wasn't ice cream? I'm so glad you asked, invisible internet person. It was so simple! I took three over ripe banana's, pealed them, sliced them up, and put them in the freezer overnight. This morning I put together my trusty ninja and put the banana's in it.

Oh, yeah, there's peanut butter there. Just wait.

Mmm... blended into a softy serve(ish) goodness.

Two teaspoons of peanut butter.

Oh yeah, she's so excited she's doing her French Stewart impression. Spot on, Avalyn, spot on.

I added some chocolate, too. Why not?

Avalyn's breakfast ice cream is served!

She wanted me to put the ice cream in each cup. That didn't work out for her.

She really did like it, but this "it's cold" face was priceless.

Mmm... delicious. She ate the whole bowl. This from the girl who doesn't eat fruits and veggies without a fight. Putting this in the win column!

And there are leftovers for tomorrow!
Yes, Matt called while I was taking the picture. Thanks speakerphone!

Want to know what else ripe banana's and peanut butter is good for?

Have any of you tricked your kids into eating fruits and veggies? What tricks do you use? Am I the only one who is super glad to have found the peanut butter cookie recipe that used to be on the giant 64 ounce tins of peanut butter (yey Google!)? Do you put butter on your banana bread? I know I do. The only thing that goes on my banana bread is butter. Nothing else touches it. Mmm... now I need to go get another piece. That reminds me, I need to buy butter...

No comments:

Post a Comment