Thursday, June 10, 2010

Feeling Weird

I had a doctor’s appointment today and I am 2 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced. Ah, progress, but no baby today. I was a little nervous today though… okay a lot nervous, just ask Val… I was texting her all day. :p

Tomorrow is the second Friday of the month, and anyone who knows our family understands what that means… Keith goes down to Domi’s for visitation. I was telling Val that I was having contractions and was worried about the drop off. Something kept telling me that Matt and I would not be making it down to exchange Keith tomorrow. So, I called Matt up and asked him if he would like to drop Keith off tonight if it worked for Domi. He was on board and I called Domi to explain the situation and she was on board as well. Super! I texted Val again and she said she would be coming with Domi. Even better!

Well we made it down there around 7:30, as we usually do, and told Keith that the next time we saw him he’d have another sister (Domi already has two little girls with her husband). Keith was pretty neutral about the whole thing and was excited to head down state for a week. Val looked very pregnant (because she is!!) and glad to be done with work for a while. She really likes her job but her pregnancy has been rough so I’m sure it’ll be nice for her to be able to relax. Anyway, we all chit-chatted for a while before heading on our way.

So, now we’re home and I’m watching TV, sort of… I couldn’t even tell you what’s on right now. All I can think about is how gross my tortilla chips are (even though it’s a fresh bag) and how sometime within the week there will be a baby sleeping next to my bed instead of inside me. Wow! Nervous doesn’t even begin to describe how I’m feeling. The contractions have died down, which really sucks because this whole pregnancy I’ve wanted Ava to be born on my birthday and I can’t see that happening with how sporadic these contractions are. Not to mention my doctor said she didn’t think Ava would be here soon and scheduled me to be induced on the 16th at 7:30AM. The 16th doesn’t sound like a special day. I guess it will be though, Ava will make it special. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment