Thursday, March 15, 2012

Broken

So, today I decided that the futon in the living room was too dangerous with Avalyn climbing and pulling at everything. I folded it down flat so there was no chance of her pulling it down on herself, but it left a big gap between the wall and the futon. Also not so safe. Fail!

Next step was going out to the garage and finding extra wood somewhere to turn into a support beam of sorts. Well, I found a 2X4 that was the right size but it was dirty. What’s a girl to do? Oh yeah, sweep the darn thing off! So I did.

Apparently, I am not mean to sweep. Somehow while I was sweeping the dust/dirt/random garage stuff off the board I tripped or slipped or something. I fell down. Awesome right? Hi, I’m Gwen, and I fall down way too easily. I’m sure it has something to do with my center of gravity being different since I’m all kinds of pregnant.

Either way, the fall wasn’t an easy or painless one. I fell forward onto my hands (why hello abrasions on my palms, you are going to make it fun to cook, type, sew… yeah all those things), landed on my right knee and skinned that up pretty good (so fun to clean gravel out of open wounds!), and landed on the top of my right foot. Weird right?

While I was cleaning up the parts of my body that were bleeding I didn’t notice how much pain my foot was in. Not sure if it was adrenaline or what but as soon as I put on some bandages and triple antibiotic my foot started swelling and throbbing. It’s really looking like I broke it somewhere. But, Matt won’t let me go to the doctor for it. He thinks it’s all in my head. Jerkface.

Now I’m using my old crutches and foot brace to help me get around. Carrying Avalyn has proven to be impossible. Stairs are a giant struggle. And it’s just that much worse being pregnant! No pain meds allowed. Boo!

I did manage to get the futon sit-able though. That’s something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment