Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weaning Part 1

After this weekend, I've decided to wean Avalyn. She only asks for "Mama's milk" when she needs comforting, and I love comforting her, don't get me wrong, but when it's still upwards of twelve times a night it starts to make it so Mama can't be the best mama she can be. So, I switched Avalyn back to the bottle. The comotomo bottle is supposed to be natural and act similarly to the breast and I love it! Well, Avalyn loves it! It's the only bottle she'll take, and she likes soothing herself with it.

I know it's a tiny step backwards, but she still takes the sippy cup. Not to mention, she drinks a lot of milk this way. She really tanks up during the day, so at night there's no fuss! Last night she slept for 9 hours! Oh, my goodness, total amazingness happening!

I miss breastfeeding already, though. Now I only nurse her first thing in the morning when she's waking up and needs some mommy time. I'm totally okay with that. We'll see how long that lasts, though. I'm so proud of Avalyn for weaning like a champ, no fuss at all! Not even asking for "Mama's milk" during the day. If she did ask, I wouldn't refuse though. Baby steps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment