Monday, October 31, 2011

Weaning Part 2

So weaning has gone very well. Avalyn no longer asks for Mama's milk, except in the morning... not that there's much (if any) left. She's been sleeping from about 11pm to 10am, then taking a two to three hour nap in the afternoon. It's amazing how well she's sleeping lately. She'll still wake up around six in the morning and crawl over to me and snuggle into my arms and steal my pillow, but she's not fully awake and not screaming bloody murder for mama's milk so it's more than okay. In fact I welcome it, I love snuggling with my baby girl.

I miss breastfeeding though, that closeness and bonding with Avalyn was such a wonderful gift. I knew it would be hard soon after that relationship began, but I know the timing is right and Avalyn is ready. She doesn't seem to miss it at all. In fact she seems to enjoy being able to suck on her bottle and watch me turn the pages of her books as I read to her. Also, car rides have been easier, she can drink while she watches her Baby Einstein and I don't have to duck away when we visit places to nurse her. She can do everything on her own!

We'll see where we are in a week or two with this journey. I hope Avalyn knows how much I love her. I really need to find a new way to bond with her now that our breastfeeding relationship has ended. Maybe more playtime is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment