Tuesday, May 8, 2012

SWWACHL

This weekend was SWWACHL (swatch-el). I will be the first to admit that I did not help. Not that I didn't want to, but I can't exactly weild a chain saw, chop wood, shovel, or rake. When my mom comes back to clean the house, I will help with that. I can do dishes and vacuum. Sweeping is out. We all know what happens when I sweep...

Even though I couldn't help with the heavy lifting I did photograph the event.

The guys were having too much fun with the chainsaw on Saturday.

"Timber!"

Oh yeah, they're troublemakers for sure.

Avalyn was helping Grandpa and Great Uncle Jim plant a tree (clearly the area needs more of those).

Matt and Keith showed up later in the day (they were doing a spring clean up of their own at our house - more on that later). Look at how Daddy looks at his baby girl. If that's not love, I don't know what is!

Avalyn loves her Grandpa - it's really more of an obsession.

Keith helping out with the digging. Time to plant some shrubbery! Anyone else think of Monty Python when they hear that word? Just me? Okay.

Avalyn was trying to be like her big brother.

My mom also brought some goodies up for me! Well... for Nicolas, but he's not here yet so I'm going to be excited for him! Remember that trip I took downstate and I ended up in the hospital instead of in front of a sewing machine? My mom and I were going to re-cover a car seat. I had all the fabric and it was on my to-do list of fun and crafty projects, but my right kidney decided to be a jerkface so the project didn't get done. Not by me anyway... but look how amazing my mom is:

Isn't this the coolest ever??? The red cow fabric is under the canopy for Nic to look at with his developing baby eyes and brain. They say that black, white, and red are stimulating. Here's hoping those cows keep him happy. I still can't believe that fabric find. I went into Field's and told my mom I wanted red fabric with cows, and we both thought I was insane and would never find it. It was the first thing I saw! I know the green seat-belt doesn't match, but that's okay, it doesn't need to. I have the best mom ever, don't I? She did such an amazing job, and nice thing for me. 

That wasn't the only nice thing. When I was downstate on that fateful trip, another thing we found at Field's was nursery bedding fabric! I wasn't expecting my mom to be done with the quilt AND the car seat. She also made two crib sheets and a receiving blanket/bath towel/nursing cover. Yeah, she's a super hero.
The front of the quilt

Back of the quilt (my mom doesn't like to be photographed apparently).

Front of receiving blanket.
Back of receiving blanket.

The two sheets.

It was a pretty great and busy weekend. We got a lot done around the house, too. I cleaned out the garage... well the mudroomish (that's a word) portion, I'm not touching Matt's disaster area. That's all him. I'll post about that tomorrow... or the next day, or the next day. Don't take me at my word, I can't be trusted with deadlines. ;) With that note, I'll leave you with a picture of the look Avalyn gave Grandpa when he went outside without her. Poor Grandpa.

"Why would you leave me in here with my mother?"
(No, her eyes are not enhanced, this is the way they look when she's staring into light. Yikes!)

Did everyone else have a busy weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment