Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Project Number One... Check!

Woot woot! Poncho is done! Well... kind of. I didn't put the button on yet. I've got to get out the baby wrap and put it on someone (probably Matt - poor guy), then put the poncho on said person (*cough* Matt *cough*), and find a good placement for the button. Until then, here is what I have!

I don't want to post the steps because it's from a pattern, but I will tell you I found the pattern at Joann Fabric's and it was $2.99, See&Sew B4266. You can find it on amazon for $4.88. I bought three and a half yards of no pill fleece fabric in an olive color, and a half yard of the patterned blizzard fleece.
 This picture is horrible. My gray carpet looks greenish... ew. But see the pop of blue in the hood? Yes, I made it more complicated, but isn't it cool?
 It fits! Ignore the weird look on my face, I broke out laughing when I took the picture because Avalyn was trying to climb me.
 Yeah, it's pretty good at hiding my baby belly, too!
Here's the cost break down:
Striped fabric: $6.49/yard @ half yard =  $3.25
Green fabric: $4.99/yard @ 3.5 yards = $17.47
Pattern: $2.99
Button: $5.95
Thread: Free (already owned)
Total cost: $29.66

Not to shabby eh? Anyone else make something they love, or do anything crafty lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment